At AstroCamp, Camp CHOP and Camp Motorsport, we believe meeting new people is an essential part of the camp experience. We encourage you and your camper to think of camp as an opportunity to meet as many new friends as possible. Summer camp is a great way to develop life skills, especially friend-making skills.
• Roommate requests are NOT guaranteed. We will do our best to accommodate reasonable requests.
• Roommates must be of the same gender and within the scope of the definitions below:
AstroCamp & Camp CHOP – Ages Grouping: 8-9 10-11 12-13 14-15
Camp Motorsport – Ages Grouping: 9-10 11-13 14-15 16-17
• Campers will be housed in cabins with other campers who are as close to their age as possible. We cannot guarantee they will be exactly the same age.
• Roommates are grouped by AGE, NOT GRADE in school. This applies to all campers, including those who have skipped grades. The age cutoff date is August 31st.
• Campers will NOT be moved up to the next age group.
• Only reciprocal requests are granted. Please make arrangements with friends at least one month prior to camp requests can be made by logging into your camper account and clicking the “Forms & Documents” link.
• Campers may be in a mixed cabin with both AstroCamp, Camp CHOP, & Camp Motorsport campers, as we believe this helps create a “united camp” feeling and helps avoid cliques and bullying.